Brilliant Green Turf Program
Keep an eye on your lawn through the rest of winter!
This winter we have experienced some unusual weather! And with it will come fungal problems on lawns.
Have a look at your lawn to see if it has any circular dead patches or patches that appear to be dying off.
These photos were taken in the last few days…
This is not a lawn beetle problem because in winter, the ground is too cold. It’s a fungal problem that needs urgent treatment … otherwise it will spread like crazy, especially via the mower, killing off the turf.
We can treat the problem and minimise the damage before it gets out of control. Our Brilliant Green Turf Program is just what you need.
Here’s how the Program works…
- As soon as possible we need to diagnose exactly which fungal problem it is
- All lawn maintenance stops during treatment
- The underside of your mower deck and wheels need disinfecting to kill any fungus
- The lawn needs to be sprayed with a fungicide, specific to the problem we are targeting
- Within 6 weeks the problem should be largely resolved; repeat spraying will be carried out if required
- In spring we follow up with 3 key turf & growth promoting strategies that will:
* Oxygenate soil
* Balance the nitrogen/ phosphorous/potassium ratio
* Adjust the PH level to help prevent this problem returning
- In summer, when grass is growing actively, we need to reduce thatch to prevent a build-up in soil humidity that promotes fungal spores to grow.
The good news is, your lawn problem can be fixed. After 22 years of turf management we know exactly what needs to be done to keep your lawns looking velvet green and lush.